The Perfect Wedding Planning Checklist
You and the love of your life have decided to take the next step in the journey of your relationship! Now it is time to get through the stressful part of the engagement – planning the wedding day. It can be overwhelming to figure out where and when to do all the things to pull off your special day, so Queen Isabella’s Events & Creative Consulting (QI) put together a monthly planner to help make decisions and relieve the anxiety associated with planning your own wedding.
Wedding Planning Checklist: 9-12 Months Before Your Wedding
- Decide the budget.
- Select the date and verify scheduling with the wedding venue and officiant.
- Send save the date notices.
- Shop for your wedding dress.
- Research and visit your favorite venues for ceremony and reception.
- Select the wedding party.
- Compile the guest list.
Wedding Planning Checklist: 6-9 Months Before Your Wedding
- Sign contract for the venues.
- Think about the theme and décor.
- Choose and interview vendors such as the florist, DJ, hair stylist, photographer, cake designer, and caterer.
- Choose bridal attendants’ attire as well as tuxes for the groom and groomsmen.
Wedding Planning Checklist: 3-6 Months Before Your Wedding
- Finalize your choices with all vendors.
- Decide décor and start gathering the items.
- Determine dates of the bridal shower and bachelorette party.
- Order the invitations. A photo card of the wedded couple makes a charming thank you card!
- Schedule the first dress alteration, if needed.
Wedding Planning Checklist: 1-3 Months Before Your Wedding
- Send the wedding invitations 2 months before.
- Apply for the wedding license.
- Register for gifts.
- Purchase wedding rings and gifts for the bride and groom attendants.
- Have décor items gathered.
- Shop with mothers for their attire.
- Prepare seating arrangement for guests, if desired.
- Confirm the food menu.
- Schedule the second dress alteration, if needed.
- Schedule the bridesmaids’ dress alterations, if needed.
Wedding Planning Checklist: 1 Month Before Your Wedding
- Schedule the final dress alteration. Have dress cleaned and pressed.
- Give vendors’ the final count of guests and confirm their schedules.
- Have all the items needed for the bride and groom packed for events.
- Schedule the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner.
- Give presents to the attendants at the rehearsal dinner.
Planning your wedding can be one of the happiest times of your life. Very seldom do plans go without problems, but this is part of the process. If you find that this is overwhelming and you require more support, a wedding or event planner will be very helpful. The planner can help you with all or part of the decisions for the different aspects of your wonderful wedding.
Sometimes the hardest part of planning an event is figuring out where to start. With QI, I work with you to create a plan for your event and pass the reins over to you afterwards. Please contact me by email to see what I can consult you on of design and creation of your dream event, making your party completely stress-free! Choosing my virtual services allow you to keep some change in your pocket when hiring an event planner. These virtual services allow me to write the roadmap so you can follow through on selection and set up. To get started, contact me by email with your personal information and which virtual services you would be interested in. I’d be happy to answer any questions you have about my services as well!